I have wondered why we actually bother electing our Councillors why not just have Wendy Brandon in charge. Today she pulled rank on the mayor andmisled him by alleging that I could not give my address to council because there was an injunction out to prevent me from speaking out.
Funny but I don’t recall an injunction with regards to AWINZ and there is certainly no injunction which stops me from referring to council documents and pointing out the discrepancies between them.
My address to council can be found here Open Forum – 28 Feb 2013
As soon as I got the word AWINZ, Brandon jumped up and started talking to the Mayor. I was told that I could not continue because there was an injunction. I pointed out that AWINZ does not exist, it never has existed and there is no and can not be an injunction against something which is not a real.
There appeared to be considerable apathy with regards to corruption , the two ladies who gave an earlier address on the Mt Roskill buildings drew far more questions than serious corruption. Wendy had done her work well.
I later got an email purporting to come from her which said “HAHAHAHAHA Grace. I’ve told EVERYONE you are crazy and they believe me. In fact I’m getting you locked up HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH…Tadpoles in small ponds get eaten up by big fish yum yum yum!”
This was the second such email I have received from what purports to be her the earlier one said “Crazy cow. Soon they will come to lock you up…” very professional if this is her . Guess to some people it is a crime to speak up about corruption.
I had sent Wendy the two documents which i later attached to my presentation , I had thought that if she was only half competent as a lawyer she would have seen alarm bells ringing lets look at the Memorandum of understanding and the job application for Neil Wells and I will show you what I mean.
As you will see the MOU is between the Animal Welfare Institute of New Zealand ( AWINZ ) and the Animal Welfare services of Waitakere ( “the linked organisation ” )
1. The Animal Welfare Institute of New Zealand did not exist in any real or identifiable form apart from being a trading name for Mr Wells alone and later a trust which he set up to cover up but got the dates all wrong.
2. The so called Linked organisation was Animal Welfare services of Waitakere
The agreement was for Animal Welfare services of Waitakere to provide inspectors and resources to AWINZ, this agreement had not been passed through Councillors or the council solicitor.
Neil Wells signs on behalf of the animal welfare institute of New Zealand, no mention of a trust or of him being a trustee. The council lawyer never had a trust deed on file, but then aparently he was not in the loop. Wells signed in the name of a fictitious organization a pseudonym for himself.
Lets look at the job application this application was made when Tom Didovich( the signatory sor the so called Linked organisation) had to leave the services of Waitakere.
In his application Wells states “ In animal welfare compliance, by successfully leading a pilot programme with MAF
and Waitakere City Council. This led to the formation in 1999 of the Animal Welfare Institute of New Zealand and established an alternative to the SPCA in animal welfare law enforcement, which is able to be extended nationally. The linkage of Waitakere City to AWINZ is core to the continuing successful implementation of animal welfare in the city. “
Lets identify the spin This led to the formation in 1999
- In court Wells claimed that the ” oral trust had formed in 1998, but supplied a deed showing that the trust deed was signed in 2000 . I still have difficulty getting my head around the fact that the people who allegedly formed a trust in 2000 made an application for approved status the year before the deed was signed.but then do such time frames matter?……apparently not
- As to the argument of an oral trust the people came together in late 1998 when Wells was paid by Didovich with council funds, to set up a trust this is the concept he came up with: note that one of the trustees was the city itself.
- An email is sent 23/12/98 stating “Waitakere City Animal Welfare is setting the standard and to assist its future progress as an approved organisation it is proposing the Council should create a trust with which it will work in harness. An interim trust has been established by Council, with Neil Wells as acting CEO. The Council’s final decision on the Trust will be in May”… You wont find any records of this in council minutes its all done without Councillors approval. Bit like the truck that was bought a few weeks ago… makes you wonder who runs the show
- Things change quickly and although we were told in December98 that the trust existed by 19 January 1999 Neil Wells tells MAF that “It has now been agreed that Waitakere will no longer be in the trust.”
- Neil Wells who had written the No 1 bill for the animal welfare act is also employed as ” independent adviser to the select committee to advise on the animal bill at this time and it appears that at this stage he has not declared his conflict of interest. Why should he he was after all writing and advising onlegislatin fro his business plan .. apparenlty that is quite acceptable here in the least corrupt country see territorial animal welfare authority
- While MAF lawyers were confused by the entire set up the council lawyers appear to have been completely oblivious to what was going on and the elected representatives even more so.
- MAF request a legal opinion on the involvement of Council in animal welfare issues and suddenly see the light.
- On 14/2/99 or there about Wells writes To MAF stating that AWINZ will be a charitable trust, this indicates to me that AWINZ has not as yet been set up and therefore there is no oral trust.
- MAF ‘s legal adviser returns a negative response and the Maf staff become uncomfortable with the entire venture, in the mean time council has been left out of the loop entirely.
- MAF produces a document involvement of territorial authorities AWwith regards to the involvement of Territorial authority staff in animal welfare which if councillors had seen would have caused them to reject any proposal from wells, hence they were on my opinion left out of the loop.
- Tom Didovich the manager of animal welfare then seeks to have Wells complete the documents for animal welfare there by taking the council lawyer out of the loop and this set teh scene for Didovich to directly contract with Wells.
- When a trust emerged in 2006 , although back dated to 2000 , not one of the persons other than Wells had any involvement with the running of AWINZ, in fact they did not meetand significantly in the minutes of the only recorded meeting since the trust was allegedly set up , he explains to the trustees what an approved organisatin is . Despite the fact that their deed said they would meet 4 x per year they had never had a recorded meeting and allegedly last met two years earlier.
Lets identify the spin The linkage of Waitakere City to AWINZ is core to the continuing successful implementation of animal welfare in the city. “
- we need to look back at the MOU it clearly states that the linked organization is Waitakere animal welfare.
- No definition is provided for AWINZ and AWINZ does not exist as a legal person .
- therefore this statement is entirely false Wendy do you tolerate lies in job application? Perhaps I am pedantic about this because I do pre employment screening and to me truth in an application is essential, if an employee tells porkies in the application then he/she is not going to b honest with you further down the road
No where in his job application does Neil Wells refer to the MOU that he signed with the previous manager whose job he is now seeking. Wendy is this not a conflict of interest that you expect prospective employees to declare ?
Do you not care either Wendy that section 171 of the animal welfare act which Wells wrote and advised on, allows for the proceeds of prosecution to be returned to approved organizations? Fines are up to $350,000 Wells was using your staff to locate offenders which he then prosecuted himself and banked the proceeds in to a bank account only he had access to.
Wendy does it not concern you that all the correspondence for animal welfare went missing from 2000 – on, do you know what a red flag in fraud is ? or are you there to protect some council employees? I had rather hoped that you would be protecting the rights of the rate payers to open and transparent governance.
Wendy thsi is a perfect example of corruption in council , much can be learned from it, if you ignoe it it only serves to prove that you condone corruption ? If you condone corruption of teh past you will also condone corruption of the future.. as I said coruption is like cancer you can thave just a little bit .. once you have it it spreads.