Sent: Sunday, 21 October 2012 10:44 a.m.
Subject: REQUEST FOR SPEAKING RIGHTS
REQUEST FOR SPEAKING RIGHTS AT THE AUCKLAND COUNCIL GOVERNING BODY MEETING – THURSDAY 25 OCTOBER 2012
– 10AM RECEPTION LOUNGE, AUCKLAND TOWN HALL.
With Corruption issues on the agenda for the meeting above, I wish to seek speaking rights as a whistle-blower on council corruption.
I have documents which I wish to present to show how council is ineffective in dealing with whistle-blowers and consequently corruption continues to flourish and rate payers dollars are misappropriated.
I have new and conclusive proof with regards to the Animal Welfare institute of New Zealand ( AWINZ) operating form the council premises this evidence is in the form of an audit report done by MAF as attached and referenced as follows final draft audit 2008
- Page 2 “it was at times difficult during the audit to distinguish where the structure of AWINZ finished and where WCC began hence it was at times difficult to separate the AWINZ organisation from that of WCC. For example AWINZ inspectors are not employed by AWINZ but are all employees of WCC”
- page 9 “all personnel ( including the AWINZ inspectors ) based at the WCC animal accommodation facility (48 the concourse ) are employees of WCC It must be noted that AWINZ does not have any employees as such , apart from when they contract to the film industry to monitor AW issues, this did lead to some confusion regarding he demarcation between the two organisations .”
- page 13 AWINZ inspectors use WCC database.
- Page 14 the inspectors vehicle was inspected..
- page 18 Location of audit WCC animal accommodation the concourse
I know that AWINZ operated from the premises as I was first approached by dog control officers who were concerned that they had to volunteer their council paid time to this organisation. What made the matter worse was that the organisation existed only as a pseudonym for the council manager who ran it.
Council lawyers and council management have continually turned a blind eye to this matter. I have evidence of other instances of possible corruption which without proper attention will seek to dilute the financial resources of council .